Sixtysix Issue 09
Sixtysix Issue 09 is now available worldwide! Inside, fantastic work by designers, artists, architects, photographers, and makers around the globe offers a complete view of what the creative world looks like today.
Our cover story with Ron Arad takes us inside his home studio in northwest London, where his iconic chairs are strewn in the backyard near his decrepit Fiat. An umbrella suspended by magnets protects the legendary industrial designer while he works.
During Paris Design Week, we hopped down to India Mahdavi’s studio in the 7th Arrondissement to catch a peek at all her design week releases. India showed us her wall of inspiration and upcoming projects and let us inside her colorful philosophy.
On the architecture side of the creative world, we visited Kengo Kuma in Japan. His offices, full of books and models, offered a look inside the organic inspiration behind Kengo’s buildings.
And we went inside Ai Weiwei’s new home in Portugal, where he is working to rebuild a 600-year-old traditional Chinese building outside of Lisbon.
- Annika Kafcaloudis’ furniture portraits in Australia
- Russell Built’s Safari Sportsman Porsche tears up the California desert.
- A new collection from Hay and Laila Gohar
- Hutt House, a new kind of sustainable home in Melbourne
- A look at womens style with actors Carmela Zumbado and Grace Van Dien
- Charlotte Kingsnorth’s fuzzy and bulbous chairs
- The House Recast’s colorful, concrete twist.